Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Ninth Month)


Dear little pumpkin,
The holidays are quickly approaching and the pumpkins are out to be picked. Thank goodness I got the best pumpkin in the patch! You are at the age I have spent more time sharing you with the world than I did keeping you all to myself, nice and safe in my tummy. It is so weird that I have known you longer than anyone else, even daddy! Of course daddy knew you a little when you were in my tummy, but only small things like what song would always make you wake up and when you were most active. I knew every hiccup, your favorite sleeping position, and what foods made you jolt and which ones made you hiccup. Now everyone knows it.
You started climbing the stairs the day after you celebrated your eight month birthday. You climbed one stair, looked at us, and kept going. On your first climbing adventure, you made it all the way to the top. I was pretty shocked. Standing right behind you, I kept my hands there just waiting for you to need help. No sir. You needed no help. In fact, you kept waving bye-bye to me to get me to go away! I can’t help but laugh as your little hand pops up, waving toward yourself.

You learned to wave last month, but you are rocking it this month! I mention your flirting all the time, but I can’t even have you turned toward me at the mall! You want to be out and waving at all the ladies with both hands! Smiling the biggest smile, dressed to the nines, kicking your feet, and waving with both hands. Ladies cannot help but stop me to tell me you are flirting. I never know what to say, do I apologize? No way. Who needs to apologize for someone totally making their day?
We let you play in your first ever bounce house. We were lucky enough to be invited to a Sharing Down Syndrome and it was full of bounce houses! We went into one and you just were not having it. Maybe it was too hot, maybe it was too unstable, but whatever the case may be, you hated it. Poor kid. You did enjoy watching your cousins bounce around though! When we got out, Daddy took you to the side and let you bounce. That’s all you needed… some simple fun.

You finally got to meet two members of the family that you haven’t met yet! Chester and Lupe, our horse and donkey. You may remember Lupe… he is the infamous donkey that escaped and we put up “Lost Donkey” signs up. Luckily, he was just making friends around the neighborhood. You seemed mesmerized by animals so big, you couldn’t take your eyes off of them. When it came time to ride the donkey, you didn’t even cry! High five brave little guy!


I cannot believe I’ve had to share you for nine months. Can I be selfish and keep you all to myself? I wouldn’t, even if I could. You deserve all the love in the world. Everyone that meets you loves you and that makes me so happy. Is there much more a mama would want for her baby? I can’t think of anything better than an abundance of love. I love seeing your tender moments with your family and cannot wait the holiday season. You will get so much family and cousin time!  

I want to tell you to stop growing up, but you are just starting to develop your personality and I cannot wait to get to know who you are becoming. You are sweet like your daddy, but loud like your mama. What else will you get from us? Will you be musical like him? Or a genius (har har) like me? I cannot wait to find out. Lets just slow down time a little.


 October 8th, 2013
17.8 Pounds
28 Inches







No comments

Post a Comment