Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Eighth Month)



Dear daring adventurer,

I can’t think of a better name for you. You are my little adventurer. You are strong, brave, and oh so curious. You are learning things every day and so many things fascinate you. I honestly feel like a child again, seeing everything brand new.


You learned to wave this month! It is too precious. You love waving at the ladies. If Mama leaves you, you wave. When you wake up and see me or daddy, you wave. If you are sick of me following around, you crawl away while waving bye. Don’t worry, I don’t take it personal. Baby needs his space! The funniest will always be the ladies. The older you get, the more you flirt, now that you wave and smile, you have everyone in the palm of your hand. 

Those little hands don't stop moving!

You can finally shake your little bottom. There is a lot of music in our house. Stars lulls you to sleep, Katy Perry bounces with you in your activity center, Passion Pit pumps you up to work out (or observe a work out), but Lady Gaga made you shake it. One lazy Sunday morning we had the TV on and Applause came on and I started dancing toward you and you started bouncing up and down! That is the norm for you, but this time you kept on bouncing! You stopped when I stopped and then when Daddy started dancing, you started shaking that little booty again. Thanks for the laughter, pumpkin! It is still a work in progress, but we have so much fun.


You’ve moved into the big bath! You are now in the big boy bath tub and have a million little toys! Sometimes we add bubbles, but you just trying drinking the water so we do not do it often. Bath time is dangerous with you. You try to crawl around and climb everything. It is way too slippery! You’re slipping and falling and going under water. The last thing you want is to get cleaned! You+Daddy+Bath time = DISASTER. I was busy so Dad was bathing you and I come in to “I think we need to take him to the shower, he keeps going under!” All while Daddy has one leg on the ground, a leg on the opposite ledge of the tub, you in his arms, high above the water, and he is getting soaked. He is getting better at it though. I had to go out during bath time one evening and came home and you were in one piece, happy as can be! 



You have decided that you need to know what is in every cabinet we own and they must be cleaned out entirely. I have a Tupperware cabinet for you, but you just love the metal pan cabinet. You pull everything out, move it around, make loud noises, crawl on it, and now climb on it to try to get to the drawer. You are getting too big, too fast. It was only seven months ago you were rolling over for the very first time. Now you are standing on my pans and balancing like a big boy.


Finally, you are big enough for the park! Maybe you don’t enjoy it much, but you will one day. Your park visits are more for your old parents to see you play! We let you swing, ride the dinosaur, and play with the slides. You did not even crack a smile! You were happiest when you were thrown in the air and that was the only smile we could coax out of you. One day, you’ll beg to never leave! We only got the good weather for your first park day from the rain. You enjoyed that much more. Who doesn't love splashing around? You loved stomping those little piggies in puddles.



My crazy little man. You are so active. Nothing warms my heart more than you crawling to me with a huge smile on your face, ready for a kiss. You are such a pleasant little man, smiling and kissing. You don't cuddle as much, but the cuddles we do get are priceless. There is so much personality in such a tiny body, it shocks me every day! I love you all the way to the moon and back!

(Most of your photos were you running from me or crying)


No comments

Post a Comment