Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Seventh Month)

Dear Little Squirt,

Holy moly, seven months. Every month, the passing of time gets a little more shocking. Your seventh month of blessing this Earth had more personality milestones than physical ones. I'll take it! You are growing too quickly and moving too much too soon. Stay little, sweet boy. I just want to spend my life cuddling you and smothering you in kisses.



You are playing non stop. You will skip your nap if you see something that looks fun. Luckily, you have grown to the point where you are not too crabby when you skip your nap! When Daddy gets home from work, it is your time. Lately, you've been building forts and try crawling through the little holes. You love it. Your pup, on the other hand, absolutely hates when you are in the fort. She tries knocking it over to get you out. I know I've mentioned this before, but we were so scared of how Leia would handle you, but it has been more perfect than I can ever imagine. With your quick movements, you are able to sneak up on her. You really surprised her and scared her, then held on, and she wanted you to let go, but wouldn't move to avoid hurting you. I love this little friendship you two have!



Your Grandpa has these special little things he does with all the grandkids. I imagine that there will be a few different special things for you because you are the only boy, but for now you get to follow in your cousins' footsteps. Pretty soon you'll be out there gardening with him and feeding the fish, but right now you get to do one of my favorite things... wear his hats. Our family has big heads. Very big heads, literally and figuratively. Nothing is cuter than when Grandpa puts his big head hat on you! You look adorable and you love it. 


You have a pooping face and it is adorable. One of the funniest things about becoming a mom is how obsessed you become with poop. I need to keep track of how many times you go a day, the consistency, the color. It is the most awkward thing. I am guilty of getting so excited, I took a picture of your diaper and sent it to Daddy! Next bathroom milestone: when you hide to go potty. I love that too. It is hilarious.


We have a pretty good routine in the mornings. You usually wake up at 6 and I bring you to bed to feed because you go back to sleep immediately. Lately, you have been finishing breakfast and look at me and start squirming around. Next thing I know, you are cuddled up to Daddy, far away from me! The first few times, you gave me this "ha ha mom!" face and then fell asleep. I melt every time I see you two sleeping or cuddling. He is your big pillow.





Maybe we let you taste a few more treats than we should, but we love your little squeals. It looks like a lot, but I promise it is not much. Daddy is really bad about it. He feeds you way too much ice cream! I've mentioned this before, but you really do scream when we do not give it to you or we do not let you have any more (see below). Luckily, you are doing great with eating veggies. This baby led weaning stuff is awesome. We don't have to puree every thing and you basically feed yourself! Lately, you have been loving peas for dinner and peaches for dessert. 



 Your favorite toys have changed! You love empty water bottles, your baseball, piano, and books. Oh boy, do you love books! You love the pictures and play time in our bed; it is just a nice end to our busy days.



You know how to make a mama's heart melt. Whenever I am making dinner or cleaning the kitchen, you search for me. You look every where and get upset when you don't see me. Finally, Daddy will turn you in my direction and you get the biggest smile and make the best happy sounds. All I see is your little head poking over the chair and it is the epitome of happiness. You are literally the Sun, my everything revolves around that little face poking over the top of the couch.


 Parker, you just make life perfect. You are not a stressful baby. You are not a handful. You are a smiley, cuddly babe and I just love being the one blessed with the privilege of raising your kind soul. I promise to do my best.

No comments

Post a Comment