Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Tenth Month)


Dear Munchkin,


Oh, my sweetest baby! You had an excellent month. So much to experience and so much to enjoy! You make unpleasant situations so much fun. Thank you! It is quite a relief.

You got to go on your first airplane ride! You were an angel your first flight, but your second flight wasn't as easy. It wasn't your fault. The airplane's air conditioning was broken! So miserable. You got to strip down to your diaper though and got quite comfortable. People played with you the whole time and you were especially fond of a sweet girl who played peek-a-boo with you. What shocks me most is the people you draw into you. You have little kids that are acting like snots drop everything to play and you have grown, grumpy men doing everything they can to make you smile. The group I never expect is teenage boys who have their friends around and still stop to play with you.  They remind me of your sweet uncle Trevi. It is proof they will be great daddies one day. (Ladies, if you are thinking you are in love, make sure they handle kids well!)


We were lucky enough to go to Pennsylvania for a week. It sounds like a boring place to visit, but it is every kids dream! Mama spent a lot of time there growing up and every street has a fun childhood memory and I hope you get to make some too. There are parks galore and not the boring plastic parks we have. There are huge wooden parks with play stations you don't see anywhere else and real tire swings. Squirrels are running around and giant orange leaves to jump in. Swings are not your thing, you prefer crawling around getting into things, like the leaves. You had the time of your life.





You are a very observant child. You do have a short attention span, but you really enjoy things and take in every moment. It seems like you really appreciate any small thing and it fills my heart. I am trying my hardest to raise you as a grateful, appreciative person and these moments make me feel like I am on the right track. The Hershey Chocolate Factory has a cute little ride that takes you through the chocolate process and your little head was flying everywhere and looking at every little thing. We went to an art museum and you stared so intently at every piece we walked near.


You have been brushing your teeth for a while, but now you have quite a few teeth to clean. This is your favorite part of the morning and night. You may even like it more than eating. I have to pry the toothbrush out of your mouth. Please, please keep up that habit for you whole life. Also, please get my teeth. Daddy has tiny teeth. I know that they say binkies aren’t as bad as people claim they are, but I still worry. I hate them. I am hoping to cut you off around your first birthday. I cannot handle when kids are talking with binkies in their mouth. Time to start the weaning!


Halloween is such a fun holiday! Our entire family went as a zoo! You make the cutest lion in the history of animals. You did not want to keep the costume on and you definitely wouldn’t wear the lion mane, but for the little bit of time we had it on, it was the cutest ever. You really enjoyed handing out candy because there were so many kids! People your size make you smile. I can’t wait until play dates mean playing together rather than grabbing hair and poking eyes.



I am so excited for your first holiday season. It is so fun to begin traditions that I will carry on from our family. Time to help make pies, pick out your annual ornaments, and see how long we can keep ornaments on the tree! I love you forever and cannot wait for this season!



No comments

Post a Comment