Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Second Month)

Dear Little Bean,

Things have changed so much in this one month. Your little personality is shining through and I just can't believe it. You are officially a little person and not a blob. You just talk and talk all day long. You like to hold conversations and make great eye contact. I didn't expect that so soon! When you're talking you smile and make whoever you are talking to feel like the most special person in the world!


We got to celebrate our first holiday! You are my most favorite Valentine ever (sorry Daddy)! We got to play all day long and at night you had a date with Grandma and Grandpa so we could go on our very first date since you were born! Don't worry, we talked about you the entire time. 




You love the baby carrier. You will not use it with the infant insert at all. I try every time and you fuss and fuss, so I have to make sure your tiny butt doesn't slip out the bottom! You love our walks though and coo until the moment you fall asleep.

You had to go to the emergency room. It was the single scariest experience of my life. You were happy as can be all day long, but one time I picked you up and you were warm. I took your temperature multiple times and it just kept getting higher. We took you and you had to go through so many awful tests and you had a little IV. You were so pitiful, but so happy and content the entire time. You made the whole thing so much easier. Luckily, you were okay. Let's not go back for a very long time please.

 

PS Special shout out to little miss Khloe! She sent you your very first e-card!


You slept in your crib for the first time! Well, you napped in your crib. Mama still hasn't let you leave yet. You were so good and loved it. I check on you every few minutes or so, but you are always so content. You don't even cry when you wake up.  I just hear you wiggling around and know that you are up. The doctor said we can let you sleep through the night and you almost make it! You are up around 4 am and stay up for quite some time after that. I don't mind, I'm not much of a sleeper. You are getting so big. Speaking of growing... you are about to outgrow your little bath sling. I can't wait until you get to enjoy bubble baths!


Your favorite time of the day is when Daddy gets home and you two sleep. He comes in sweeps you up and you hang out then eat. After dinner you both pass out. I swear this is the best sleep you get. You two make me melt.




You are using your Bumbo and LOVE IT! You are such a nosey little guy and you get to see everything then. You also moved into your big kid stroller instead of the bassinet. Walks were already fun for you, but now it is the best thing ever for you. If you are fussy, we go for a walk and you are so happy and fall asleep quickly.


You are a little chunk monster. We don't mess around when they tell us to gain weight baby! You're still small compared to other babies though. You are obviously getting pumped up for the beach and a visit to Aunt Holly's territory! Don't worry, your beach bod is looking great.


The day before your two month birthday you rolled over! Are you kidding me?! So young! I was shocked. I left you on the floor for tummy time and I come back and you were on your back. I was shocked. So I turned you over and you did it again and again... and again. You are so strong baby.



Oh Parker! This month has been so much fun. I love getting to know you. You are growing up too fast, but I plan to enjoy every moment of it. In just two short months, you have gone from a little blob that couldn't even move his head to this flip flopping baby. I will never get used to it. You shock me every day. Keep it up, babe. We are so proud of you.





March 8th, 2013
22.5 inches
10 pounds 15 ounces













3 comments

  1. Holy cow, a month went by! Oh he is looking so cute. And yes, he does look like a lot of personality. Not so....Newborn. Thanks for the post. I think its probably a record for you and him, but I love it. (Just in case its not really for me).
    Say Hi to Eric. So far, Parker looks more like him. But that can change. Jack looked like Tate for a long time. Now, No Tate.
    Love Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I love you. I love him. I love your family. What else do I love...um everything about this.

    ReplyDelete