Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dear Parker (Our Third Month)

Dear Little Dude,

My, oh my, it has been quite a month! You are absolutely hilarious. You have your Daddy's calm temperament, but your Mama's crazy side. You go from zero to sixty faster than a Bugatti! It all happens too quickly to get frustrated with. I usually just laugh at the craziness. It has been such a busy month for you!

You pretty much have head control down pat. You still love tummy time and it has definitely paid off. I guess I'm pretty lucky when it comes to tummy time because so many of my friends say their baby absolutely hates it. Since day one it has been a way to calm you down. We never do a set time... it could be three minutes or you could be on your tummy for fifteen minutes. It all just depends on when you start doing your dinosaur calls to us. You are still rolling over from your tummy to back, but I think you learned that you can't turn back so you don't do it as much.

You went from being on the small side to being a little chunkster. You are so long and getting more and more rolls by the day. You can down a full bottle in 10 minutes. Occasionally, I will struggle to get four ounces in you though. You still get breast milk exclusively and you definitely know when I try throwing in some formula. You will fight the bottle the whole time. 


We were given the okay to let you sleep through the night at your two month appointment. You gained enough weight to not have to feed every three hours! Hooray! You take full advantage of the uninterrupted sleep. You get your last bottle at 9 and sleep until after 4. Thank you baby, you're an angel. I'm sorry for posting the next photo, but I just think it is so precious. I know it will embarrass you later, but I went through a lot to get you here so you can handle the embarrassment later.

You spent about five minutes trying to get comfortable before finally settling right here. 
You had your first swim classes! Of course you were a bit hesitant at first, but you eventually loved it. They do little exercises to get you used to the water and there are a few you like and even more you hate. You love things more when you have control (like kicking off the walls and swaying in the water). Showing off started early with you. You are the youngest in your class and they did not think you could do the tummy time on the water mat, but you proved them all wrong. Your head was the strongest and held the highest!

You are Mama's best running partner. I love going on a run and staring down at you in your stroller. I get to see how fashionable you are too. The weather has been fickle this month... one day you were in a bear outfit to stay warm and two days later you were rocking a onsie and sun glasses. You make a miserable run quite joyful. 

Your puppies are noticing you more and they are absolutely obsessed. Everyone doubted Leia because she was basically a wild dog. We were told to have her euthanized by an over dramatic Uncle Erick and someone even gave us instructions on how to give her to the Humane Society! Despite rude people, your Daddy worked hard to make her a good pet and all his work paid off. I was so scared to introduce you two, but I don't know why now. She is in love with you. One night you were getting your diaper changed and were laying on the ground. You started crying and Leia looked at you, went and got her ball and dropped it off right by your head and then gave you a big, wet kiss! It was so precious. We tried to get you to ride her, but she kept laying down and turning over to kiss you. 







 You threw your very first party! All your favorite people came to celebrate the Irish in them with sweet treats, beer, and Mexican food, just like the rest of Arizona. You threw on your favorite green outfit, helped Mama make some sweet goodies, and watched your cousins slip'n'slide. It was quite the successful event.


Leprechaun Munch... I'll post the recipe later



We were able to celebrate your Daddy's birthday. You have never, ever fussed at dinner before, but decided to throw your first fit at his birthday dinner. We don't blame you, you are going through a growth spurt! After dinner we were able to have cake with the folks that love your Daddy and oh boy... you got your own little present. You saw fire for the first time and it was the most magnificent sight to you. The cake got a little extra candle wax coating because we loved watching you get excited over the fire.

 A fun little treat you got was to play drums with your Daddy! I think he loved it just as much as you did. You are going to be a little musical genius like Daddy and I can't wait to watch you learn. Maybe the drums will be your forte, or maybe the guitar. I hope it is the piano. Your Dad won't play much for Mama, but he is quite talented. You'll get that from him. I am completely tone deaf.


Parkman, thank you for always amazing us. Thank you for your smiles and snuggles. You bring me and your Dad so much happiness. I cannot get enough of you.














1 comment

  1. I love every one of your posts!!!!! I don't even have words I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete