Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dear Parker (Our First Month)

We are a little late, but better late than never!

Dear Little Parker,

How have you already been here for over a month? Do you realize how perfect this month has been and how happy you make your Mommy and Daddy? We sure do love you.

You're a tiny baby. You didn't move into 0 to 3 month clothing until your were four weeks. The only reason we moved you was because you're too long! There is still some filling out you need to do. I still breastfeed you, but we have to supplement once a day to fatten you up. Your daddy was a skinny baby, but not Mama! I was born plump and stayed plump. I was born a little less than a pound more than you are at a month!


Since day one you have been an excellent sleeper. It's probably because you were born a little jaundice, but I'm going to go with you just love to be good to us. Because of your jaundice we had to place you in indirect sunlight for 10 minutes a day for the first two weeks. Daddy would lay you down and hold your hand every day while you did it or play the guitar by you. You love to sleep with your hand by your face like Daddy (explains why you came out with your hand in your face), but you have my sleep schedule. When the sun is out, you do not sleep well. That's okay, I'll always be up at 5 am to hang out with you.


 You are just a little gas monster. You fart and fart and fart all day long. I've changed my diet completely to try to get rid of it, but the doctor said that is just you! You are absolutely impossible to burp though. We will sit there for thirty minutes with no luck, then BAM a burp that sounds like it should come out of a grown man.


 Tummy time is (usually) your favorite. If there was an award for head holding excellence at this age, you'd win hands down. I know every parent thinks their baby has a ridiculous amount of neck strength, but they are obviously wrong.

 

We had your first (of many) photo shoots! In the first few minutes of being there, you pooed and peed when we took off your diaper. You were so well behaved. You let us put you in buckets, lay you on a guitar, and just move your naked tuckus all over the place! Thank you, I hope you get used to it because you have a lot of photo shoots in your future.

 You love being outside. In one of those rare occasions that you are fussy, I just have to walk outside and you are happy as can be. You love walks outside in the stroller or the Ergo. I hope you always loving being outside because Grandpa can't wait to get you your little Front Loader and show you fishies.



Parker, I cannot believe how expressive you are! You are learning to smile and coo. My personal favorite is when you do a baby push up while in our arms and pierce your lips and go wide eyed like "WHO ARE YOU?" You just make me laugh all the time and I love it.







 Oh little ParkMan, you are so loved. Not only do you have us, but you have grandparents that adore you, uncles can't wait for you to be their best friend, your aunts just want to snuggle you all the time, and your cousins can't wait to kiss and squeeze you. There will never be a moment where you have to wonder if you have love or if you are important because you are the world to so many people and that will never change.



 February 8th, 2013
21 inches
7 pounds 12 ounces







1 comment

  1. Wow!! I went to the old site today, GONE! I told Tate, He said "Oh Yeah!..." I found you! I am so happy to see more of him. (No facebook for me) He is the cutest baby. I hope to see him in person some time soon. Keep up the posts! I check every day. (Almost)
    Love ya
    Kelllie

    ReplyDelete