Sunday, December 9, 2012

34 Week Update!

I am officially 34 weeks, 4 days. I'm in the final stretch. A lot of people warned me that this is the most miserable time, but I don't think so at all. I'm really only uncomfortable when I have to switch sides in bed. I don't have those middle of the night cravings (or cravings at all, actually) and he doesn't kick my lungs. He wants out though. I've had Braxton Hicks regularly. Today they came about every hour. We were all ready to go to the mountains to shoot today then BAM! Massive contractions... the last thing I need is to go into labor with three men in the middle of nowhere. So I ruined the day and made them take me to my mommy. He needs to stay in for a bit longer though, I'm not letting him go to the NICU! It is standard procedure for a baby born before 36 weeks to go there for routine testing. Watch, I have all this action then he stays a week past his due date. That'd be my luck! But Baby Boy has definitely dropped and is just waiting for his Mama to be ready for him.

My little monster is still nameless. I really hate it. I know when I see him I will know his name (hopefully), but we had to put "Baby Boy" on our christmas card. That's pathetic! I was never this person. I'm a planner. My mom is going insane. I think that is the one fun part of this. She thinks I am just messing with her and have a name picked out. Wrong-o, lady!

Here is a little update questionnaire:

How far along? 34 weeks, 4 days. Almost 8 months. 

Total weight gain/loss: 17 pounds. I'm a fatty. 

Maternity clothes? Definitely. I can still wear some old dresses and shirts. Jeans work if they are under my belly. Maternity clothing is just so much more comfortable. 

Stretch marks? Nope, I used to be fat though; my skin was already stretched.

Sleep: My sleep habits are no different than normal. I don't sleep much ever. Rolling over is really hard. 

Best moment this week: Well, movement slowed down... that means I'm not getting kicked as much. He dropped and that means that he isn't in my lungs. 

Movement: Decreased a lot. He is ready to go.

Food cravings: Nothing really. If you say something, I'll want it, but I don't NEED anything.

Gender: My spawn is a little man. 

Labor Signs: Lots. He dropped and the contractions are coming. 

Belly Button in or out? In! It will not pop. THANK GOODNESS.

Wedding rings on or off? They came off this week. They still fit, but I don't want to go into labor and get swollen and need them cut off.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and back, ham lunch meat, and soft boiled eggs. 

What I am looking forward to: My little man being here. I cannot wait to snuggle him and kiss those chubby cheeks.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't panic when you have contractions. It doesn't mean he is coming. 



Now for our most recent photos of this stinker....






1 comment